GoHobbyist Forums - Home of the GoAnimate Community

GoHobbyist Forums
Over the last couple of years GoAnimate has evolved from a site for animation enthusiasts who just want to get their ideas animated quickly to a site for businesses of all sizes who want to engage customers through animated video.

As a result the GoAnimate 'hobbyist' community was slowly displaced as more and more community features were removed from the website. The final nail in the coffin was the removal of the old discussion forum at the end of 2014. A forum that had served the community since the site began in 2008.



For many people the old GoAnimate forums were as much of a social hang out as they were a place to promote their latest GoAnimation. Recognizing this, a small group of well known GoAnimators got together and created the GoHobbyist Forums. They put the word out and gathered together much of the community from the old forums with many of the most well known GoAnimators joining as members.

As of this post the community has more than 60 members and has remained arguably even more active the old GoAnimate forums, replacing GoAnimate its self as a daily destination for many GoAnimate members (it has for me at least).

As part of a GoHobbyist event by forum moderator S.S, members were invited to create a short, animated commercial for the forum.

I had this idea that the GoHobbyist forums were really as much about socializing as they are animation which lead me to browse a few eHarmony commercials for ideas. I came across one eHarmony ad in particular that I thought could easily be an ad for the forums with just a few word changes. View the eHarmony ad below.



The actual commercial was so simple I thought, why not just do a shot for shot recreation with GoAnimate and substitute my new dialogue. So that's what I did. See the results in my video below:



The character, Dianna, is dressed kind of like Wonder Woman just because she wants to be... and because I made the character for another animation ages ago and have never used it. Plus, what says 'animation' more than a Superhero that isn't Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny?

The character is voiced by fiverr voice artist MikalMedia who did a great job on recreating the casual style.

Originally I was going to voice the end tagline myself but I didn't think my voice really suited. So I went with the most human sounding TTS voice I could find on GoAnimate. I think the voice I chose is almost convincing as a real human except towards the end of the line it really fails to hide it's lack of expression.

Overall it was a fun little project done in only a few hours (with exception to the two days I spent waiting for the character voice to be recorded).

A great example of GoAnimate's strength as a way to generate a concept quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Reallusion's iClone 5: Part 3 - Customizing Motion and Instant Animation

Learning Moho Pro 12 (Anime Studio Pro) - Part 11, New Features V12 Debut and Pro Videos 1-8

Review: Storyboarder, Free Storyboarding Software by Wonder Unit