Reallusion's CrazyTalk Comedy Contest and The Comedian

Reallusion's Comedy Contest.
Reallusion, the creators CrazyTalk 8, which makes animating 2D or 3D talking heads easy, launched their latest animation competition, The CrazyTalk Comedy Contest.

The competition closes on June 24th, 2016, which is plenty of time to learn CrazyTalk and submit a 60 second comedy animation created with the software.

Even better, if you don't own CrazyTalk 8, you can still enter as Reallusion is making a special free edition available for download from the contest page. Making this the ideal time to give it a try and possibly win over $1000.00 in cash.

Of Course I'm Entering...


Work in progress. The Comedian
in iClone6.

The Comedian


Back in March I started working on a CT8/iClone6 animation based upon a character I created for a planned series of comic strips called 'The Comedians'.

Even though this animation was intended to use both CT8 (close ups) and iClone 6 (medium and wide shots) to create a complete short, my comedian's entire routine is being created in both applications to give me plenty of options in the final edit.

The problem is, my comedian's routine is one minute forty five seconds long. That's forty five seconds too many (in case you were struggling with the maths) to be an entry in Reallusion's contest.

I've had to go through and be ruthless with chopping out dialogue. Stripping out all the fat and then cutting out just a little bit more. It's surprising to me that it took several hours to trim it down.

Having done that, I do think the final routine is much sharper than the longer version. You can see the results below with your first look at 'The Comedian'. I hope it at least raises a smile.



If you like this animation you can help me win the Community Favourite prize of $500.00. To do this you'll need to click the 'Like' button on the embeded Face book post below:



I'll let you know how I go and will feature the winners on this blog when they are announced.

Despite releasing this version of The Comedian I do still plan to create the longer version that uses iClone 6 scenes as well. The idea was to see how well a character, created in CT8, would work along side the same character transferred into iClone 6, through Reallusion's Character Creator. That version of the animation should be available soon. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning Moho Pro 12 (Anime Studio Pro) - Part 6, Pro Only Videos 7-13

Review: Renderforest 3D Explainer Toolkit - Fast Cloud Animated Video

Hand Drawn 2D Digital Animation - Get Started with These 3 Free Applications